Tonight’s dinner was fish focused. Primarily we eat vegetarian dishes, but we still love our seafood. Pescatarianism is what we practice majority of the time. This is a diet that includes fish or other seafood, but not the flesh of other animals. Most pescatarians maintain a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. This would include us as well. We eat milk, eggs, and yogurt.
So tonight’s dish was sooo good! It was hot and spicy, but worth the heat.
2 lbs fresh salmon, about 4 servings
1/4 cup Hot & Spicy Szechuan Sauce used for stir fry and marinade
1 tbs brown sugar
Non-stick cooking spray
Seasonings: salt and pepper to taste, onion powder
Szechuan Pepper Salsa
1 tbs of ginger, minced
2 tbs garlic, minced
1/4 Orange pepper, chopped
1/4 Red pepper, chopped
1/2 Green pepper, chopped
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs olive oil
1. Place your salmon in a bag or container and allow to marinate in the Szechuan sauce and brown sugar for 2-3 hours prior to preparing dish.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray clear baking dish with non-stick spray. Add salmon. Save marinade. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. While salmon is baking prepare Szechuan pepper salsa. Heat olive oil in frying pan. In electric chopper, add peppers one at a time to chop. Add ginger and garlic to oil. Then add peppers. Add saved marinade. Add brown sugar. Sauté and then let simmer on low heat until it thickens.
4. Remove salmon from oven. Dress the salmon wih Szechaun pepper salsa.
5. Plate and pair with a ball of rice and kale or sides of your choice. Enjoy!