Oh, I know how you love shrimp and grits so much! But as I’ve moved away from the Pescatarian life and into the simple stated, “plant based” life I’ve decided to try some new things. This is one of them. This was quick and easy. It has to be on Sundays because I made it a point to do nothing and chill today. Literally. One thing I will most always do though is cook. With that being said, today I’m not going to spend time schooling you on the benefits of Tofu, lol. We do soy, but in small amounts. I’ll post a piece about this at a later time.
Here’s to the recipe:
- 1 Block extra firm tofu
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 cup Grits, old fashioned
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Press your tofu a bit to get some of the water out. Cut into small cubes.
3. Toss in a bowl with the Cajun seasoning. Place in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes until nice and crispy, flipping half way through.
4. While the tofu is baking, start the grits, bring the water to a boil, add the grits, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 20 minutes.