Potato Chips vs Kale Chips. Kale Chips wins.
Most commercial chips, and this includes corn chips, potato chips, tortilla chips, you name it, are high in trans fat. Many also contain genetically engineered ingredients.
I have heard people mention “kale chips” and decided to see what all the talk was about.
I now see why.
How great is it to have chips that are plant based, only require 3 main ingredients, and can be baked in less than 20 minutes.
You’ve seen in my previous post, My “sidekick” is called KALE! and Hail to the Kale! , the health benefits of Kale. This is clearly a better option when your craving something crunchy, crispy, and little salty. It makes for a great snack for your children also.
So here’s what you do:
1 bunch of Kale, washed, dried, and cut from stems
1 tsp lemon juice
1-tbs of Olive oil or Canola oil
Salt and your choice of seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place washed and dried kale in bowl.
3. Massage kale leaves with oil. Sprinkle salt and or seasoning
4. Spread kale on a baking sheet or in my case I used my Pampered Chef Large Round Stone. I use this stone for pizzas and other foods that I bake that I want to have a nice crispy texture.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. With baking sheet the time may be doubled; 15 minutes each side. For baking stone, it is much shorter.
6. Remove after 15 minutes and let cool.
5 Comments Add yours
I am going to try this today. Thank you😊
Yes! Definitely try them. Let me know how you like.
I cooked them today and they came out really nice, i seasoned them with salt n pepper and abit of garlic powder.
Glad you liked them. Great snack !
I have been vegetarian for about 7 months now and this is kale chips is something I will add to my dietary. Absolutely nice!