Happy Sunday!!! What’s on your dinner menu? Here at my house I made veggie lasagna. I like doing big dishes on Sundays because you never know how your Monday will go or beginning of your week so a dish that can be Monday leftovers is always nice to have. If not dinner this can be Mondays lunch from home. I think I might end up being both for me 😁. I really didn’t have a “recipe” I literally just had veggies and lasagna noodles and went with it.
Here’s what I used and did:
1 box of Whole grain lasagna noodles
1 large eggplant
1 large zucchini
1 yellow squash
2 green peppers
1 sweet yellow onion
3 fresh garlic cloves
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small package of portebella mushrooms
1/2 jar of pasta sauce
Olive oil on hand
1 8oz container of ricotta cheese
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
1 bag of 4 cheese mix
Seasoning: salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, basil, thyme, cilantro.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Boil large pot of water for lasagna noodles. Add salt for taste and olive oil so noodles don’t stick together. Once boil starts add noodles and let cool for 10 minutes.
2. Slice all veggies. In another large pot heat olive oil. Throw in onions, green peppers, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes until onion is clear. Add eggplant, zucchini, squash, mushrooms. Add more olive oil to coat veggies and then all of the seasoning. Stir and allow to cook until veggies are tender.
3. In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, and oregano. Set aside.
4. Add pasta sauce. Add diced tomatoes to pot with veggies and lower heat to simmer. Remove noodles from boiling after and set aside.
5. Coat deep baking dish with olive oil. Remove veggies from heat and add to baking dish to cover bottom. Begin layering lasagna noodles. I used about 4, layering each over the next a little. Add ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top. Add another layer or noodles and repeat until you reach top of Pan. The last layer should be veggie topping and cheeses.
6. Cover with foil loosely and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes ensuring the top cheese is nice and melted.
7. Dig in!!!!