Soooo I have never had a rutabaga before and decided to go for it. I am currently expecting and trying to ensure I eat lots of fruits and veggies. Instead of eating French fries that we normally get from a fast food place I decided to make them from a rutabaga. This definitely wasn’t my own idea. I have been following @healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram and the website is healthyfitnessmeals.com. It was an easy recipe and delicious.
I purchased the Rutabaga from Kroger produce for $1.19 per lb.
1. Slice off crown, top and bottom of rutabaga. Peel skin with peeler and slice in half. I only used 1 half to make a serving for two.
2. Place half face down and slice into sizes you want for fries.
3. Place slices in bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add seasoning to taste. Toss in bowl until all slices are evenly coated.
4. Place in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn slices over half way through. Most recipes say 30 minutes but I found it’s crisper if you bake for about 15 minutes longer.
5. Enjoy !!! We ate ours with ketchup!