So for the last two weeks I have been replacing 1 meal a day with a green smoothie. I have found that starting my day off with smoothies is best. The loaded fruits and kale/spinach really give me a healthier boost than coffee. I have been throwing everything into my living well blender. I really like adding my ACV, ground cinnamon, agave nectar, and flax seed to the mix. This morning I added pomegranate.
Do you know what your eating ?
The pomegranate, botanical name Punica granatum, is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree growing between 5–8 meters (16–26 ft) tall.
7 Top Features of the Pomegranate:
1. Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
2. Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
3. Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
4. Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
5. Lowers blood pressure
6. Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque in human studies
7. May have benefits to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis
Seeding a Pomegranate:
1. Cut the crown (protruding blossom end) off the pomegranate, removing with it some of the pale-yellow pith.
2. Take care not to pierce the seeds within.
3. Lightly score the skin in quarters from stem to crown end.
Immerse the scored fruit in a large bowl of cool water and soak for 5 minutes. Holding the fruit under water, break sections apart with your fingers, separating the seeds from membrane. The seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
4. Discard skin and membranes. Drain the seeds and dry on paper towels.