This was an awesome dish that will definitely be repeated. I love veggies and I love Tofu. This makes to be a nice size dish that you can eat off for a few days after making. I enjoyed it!
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tbs olive oil
3/4 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
2 gloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup Cooked brown rice
2 tbs balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar, divided
2 tbs italian seasoning, divided
3 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 to 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/4 cup fresh or bottled bread crumbs
2 tbs parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray shallow 1-qt baking dish with cooking spray. Cook rice.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add fennel and onion; cook and stir about 10 minutes or until tender or lightly browned. Add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute. Spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Combine cooked rice, 1 tbs vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning in small bowl. Spread over onion mixture.
- Combine tofu, feta cheese, remaining 1 tbs vinegar and 1 teaspoon italian seasoning in same bowl; toss to blend. Spoon over rice. Top with alternating rows of tomato and zucchini slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning in small bowl. Sprinkle over top. Spray bread crumb topping lightly with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and browned. Enjoy!