Breakfast is served! This happened this morning. Oatmeal has definitely got some competition. I love how certain foods can be for both breakfast and dinner. I literally just said this about plantains, which are in this dish as too (surprised? Betta not be!). Quinoa has so many health benefits. I love the tricolor Organic Quinoa made by Ancient Harvest.
Check out the benefits of Quinoa by clicking here 7 Benefits of Quinoa: The Supergrain of the Future.
Here’s to the recipe…
- 3 ripe plantains, angled slices
- 1 cup dry Ancient Harvest quinoa, follow box instructions
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbs coconut oil, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbs brown sugar, divided
- Cook Quinoa according to package.
- Toss walnuts in coconut oil, cinnamon, and brown sugar and add to cast iron skillet on low heat to toast.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet. Brown plantains on both sides.
- Fluff cooked quinoa. Blend vanilla extract, cinnamon, and almond milk. Stir into quinoa. Mix well.
- Fold plantains into quinoa and top with walnuts.