As we venture in to the New Year we have the chance to create New Year resolutions, reset, refresh, and herald into new beginnings. I’ve decided to detox the 1st 31 days of 2017 to release habits that are no longer serving me, cleanse, restore balance within, enhance mental clarity, and vibrate higher.
So let’s highlight what a detox is. Many people immediately believe that a detox is similar to fasting where you may not eat at all or just drink liquids. A detox is merely when a person eliminates toxins from the body. This can be done in a number of ways. Toxins are thought to accumulate in the body over time and are thought to be damaging to the nervous system. This can impact our mental health in addition to our physical body.
Toxins come from processed foods, air pollution, prescription drugs, illicit drugs, caffeine, and alcohol. Toxins to me also are things or behaviors that limit you. I believe that the best way to purify (or “cleanse”) the body is by taking time to detox.
I have a pretty healthy diet and daily routine, but there are certain things I want to center my focus on for this detox.
This detox will include eliminating the following:
- Seafood. We are considered pescatarian because although our eating habits are primarily vegetarian dishes we eat salmon from time to time.
- Decaf drinks. I tend to drink decaf coffee and tea on a daily basis. Remember decaf drinks still have a level of caffeine. I want to eliminate for this detox and only rely on my infused waters or fruit smoothies to start my day.
- Days without spiritual practices. Some days are busier than others. During these times I will admit falling short in practicing things that make me feel whole, make me feel relaxed, and that make me feel centered. Detox will mean not deviating from the things that empower me.
- More than 2 days without exercise. Due to daylight savings, nights come quicker than I would like. This has caused my bicycling to be put off. Detoxing will mean not doing this.
This detox will include the following routine:
- Early Morning workout. Following the 4 week workout plan from TempleRecon.
- Morning Read. Self-affirming note to self from Alex Elle’s Words from a Wanderer.
- Breakfast. Healthy Fruit Smoothies daily.
- Lunch. Light fruit bowl or green salad.
- Mindfulness. Each day I’ll spend 20-30 minutes to practice mindfulness in the midst of a busy work schedule.
- Dinner. 31 Vegetarian and Vegan meals inspired by 3 in 1 Vegetarian Cookbook (Favorite Brand Name 3 Books in 1), Goddess Body Inc., and The Vegetarian Cookbook by Reader’s Digest. All meals are made with intention, fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices.
- Meditation. Prior to sleep using a guided meditation to release thoughts and allow both the mind and body to be at rest.
Stay tuned for the week by week list of meals and uploaded grocery list for each week. This is totally a detox that I want you to join in on! I’ll be posting daily.
Here is a sneak peak of the Breakfast smoothies:
1. Creamy Banana Smoothie
2. Strawberry Goddess Smoothie
3. Super Green Smoothie
4. Blackberry Basil & Chia Smoothie
5. Avocado Smoothie
6. Avocado Banana Smoothie
7. Veggie Milk Smoothie
8. Orchard & Vines Smoothie
9. Orange Berry Avocado Smoothie
10. ‘Num Num’ Smoothie
Here is a sneak peak of some of the primary detox meals:
1. Stuffed Yellow Squash with Artichokes
2. Vegetable and Tofu Gratin
3. Mediterranean Torta
4. Roasted Peppers stuffed with Yellow Squash and Rice
5. Spring Vegetable Ragout
6. Winter Squash Risotto
7. Black Bean Flautas with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
8. Sesame Ginger Glazed Tofu with rice
9. Four pepper Black Bean Fajitas
10. Pesto Lasagna
11. Mu Shu Vegetables
12. Bell Pepper and Ricotta Calzones
13. Bulgar Pilaf with Tomato and Zucchini
14. Barley and Pear stuffed Acorn Squash
15. Italian Eggplant with Millet and Pepper Stuffing
16. Quinoa with roasted vegetables
17. Lentil Rice Curry
18. Cauliflower Mac and Gouda
19. Pesto Lasagna Rolls
20. Chickpea Vegetable Curry
21. Thin-Crust Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza
22. Tomatoes with a Spinach Stuffing
23. Spiced Carrot and Chickpea Fritters
24. Eggplant Rolls
25. Roasted Vegetable Tart
26. Sun-dried Tomato Chickpea Sandwich with sweet potatoes fries.
27. Tomato Wraps
28. Pad Thai with Sauce
29. Firsta Wraps
30. Curried Vegetable Medley
31. Loaded Salad
One Comment Add yours
OMG you must be so proud of yourself when you finish it!